Thursday 19 February 2015

I never thought I'd start a blog...

Yeah. I'm now officially a blogger.

'K8 loves to run' because running keeps me sane. I've got three young boys. Stressful enough and the baby isn't even really moving yet.  Running gives me a chance to get out of the house, focus on something else, get a great cardio workout and a sense of achievement after a day of feeding, changing nappies and household chores.

I started off with the C25k programme six weeks after the birth of my third baby.  I haven't looked back. The endorphin rush that comes with running is addictive.

For my birthday this year I spent the morning running along a river track, a 10k distance that I'd been working towards for a few weeks. Never dreamed I'd want to spend my birthday running!

I'm toying with the idea of training for a half marathon in August this year. My aim for the next three months is to build up my strength, fitness and confidence so I can set that goal.

This blog will be mainly used to log my training and how Im going, ponder new ideas on cross training, incorporating strength workouts, and so on.

I'm really interested in nutrition and fitness so I might even share things that I've found useful along the way.

Who will read this blog? I don't know. Maybe only me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment