I finished the month with a respectable 81km, 33km of which was run in the final week. Not bad! Still an improvement on January's total of 75km.
- The trail run around Massey/Summerhill with Sonia. A casual, relaxed Saturday morning exploring some new territory. No focus on time. A few walk breaks and photo stops.
- Successfully completing my 18km long run over the weekend. My longest run for six months (since the half marathon, and injury). I felt strong, capable, and felt like I managed my water and fuel intake well. I've since officially entered the half marathon event that I've been training for!
- An interval run where I tested my 1km speed. It came in at 4:55 which I was ecstatic about! The overall time for the 5km workout was also the fastest I've done for a while: 27:28 (5:28 min/kim average pace).
Goals for March:
1) Tick off every training run in my plan (3 runs per week)
2) Continue with strength training twice a week
3) Hit 100km for the month
4) Do another 5km 'proper' time trial